Effective date: January 1, 2016.
By using our Service you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to access information relative to your college campus, including local businesses, on/off campus restaurants and buildings, location of friends, access to bus schedules and access to local events. See more at our Terms of Service.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide us with directly:
● Your username, password, name and e-mail address when you register for a CollegeLife account.
● Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number). This information allows us to help you or others be "found" on CollegeLife.
● Communications between you and CollegeLife. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related e-mails.
● Any information you provide us with when you contact us for help.
● Registration with us is optional; please keep in mind you may not be able to use some of the features offered by this Application unless you choose to register with us.
Finding your friends on CollegeLife:
● If you choose, you can use our "find friends" feature to locate other people with CollegeLife accounts either through (1) your contacts list, (2) third-party social media sites or (3) through a search of names and usernames on CollegeLife.
● Note about the ”Invite Friends" feature: If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, CollegeLife does not have access to or control this communication.
● We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
● Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
● When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
● When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by CollegeLife.
● A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
● Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States
● We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, CollegeLife cannot guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
● Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and CollegeLife, at all times. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to CollegeLife make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
● Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
● Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit CollegeLife.
● Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
● Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
● Develop and test new products and features.
● Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
● Diagnose or fix technology problems.
4. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside of CollegeLife (or the group of companies of which CollegeLife is a part of or acquired by) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
● We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
● We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
● We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
● Any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as User Content, becomes available to the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings that you set. To change your privacy settings on the Service, please change your profile setting. Once you have shared User Content or made it public, that User Content may be re-shared by others. What happens in the event of a change of ownership or control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
CollegeLife will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
● comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement.
● enforce our Terms of Service.
● protect the security or integrity of our Service.
● exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CollegeLife, our Users or others.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You are able to update your account or unsubscribe at any time.
● Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
● Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, reminders, changes/ updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
6. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not collect personal information from anyone under 13.
8. HOW TO CONTACT US